• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)

Discuss Expert Witness? in the Associations Related to the Tile Industry area at TilersForums.com

S

SueK

Thanks to all who wrote to me re Quartz/Resin tiles.

At some point I think I'm going to need an expert witness. Is there a professional body I can approach for the final word on technical advice re both tiling and adhesive use? I need someone independent of both the tilers and the suppliers, ie who doesn't have a vested interest but whose opinion would be accepted by both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
TileFix Direct

GaryTheTiler

TF
Arms
Reactions
the tile association or the stone federation google them to get the address, an expert witness will cost around £800 so be prepared for that ,this would normally include a report plus court appearance

F

faithhealer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good luck Sue, keep us informed

Hi SueK

Hope you get this - if you are going down the small claims route - you are limited to the cost of reports - £200 or £250

Steve

S

SueK

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for that info. I have been in touch with the Tile Association and can confirm the earlier advice that it's £800 and rising, so that's that!

An interesting twist is that I managed to get the direct tel no of MD of the tile importers to my tile suppliers, and he gave me some more info, so perhaps I have another line of attack!

Thanks again to everyone.

Sue

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reactions
Could also try the BRE - they have just done a sterling job on a project I was involved in recently. Not sure what they charged as not my bill but they were very proffessional and extremely independent.

BRE: A to Z of Services

Reply to Expert Witness? in the Associations Related to the Tile Industry area at TilersForums.com

Which adhesive did you use most this year?

• Tilemaster

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Mapei

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Ultra

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Weber

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Bal

• Kerakoll

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Ardex

• Rocotex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palace

• Granfix

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Sovereign

• Dunlop

• Laticrete

• Bostick

• Norcross

• Larsen

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Isomat

• Biscem

• Profix

• PCI

• Benfer

• Brit Adhesive

• Python

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Butech

Find a Tiler (New Entries)

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks