Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Expert opinions needed - British Ceramic Tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

jenjen

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi there, I am currently in a dispute with the liquidators of BCT regarding some pallets of matt white tiles that were sent that the sizing was all over the place.
I am also having to lift several floors due to the glaze in the floor tiles being poor, and tiles discolouring. . . . . . not to mention a particular pallet that I have 2 cracked floors from. I have to get expert opinion on the tiles, but cannot due to lockdown. I know it's a bit cheeky to ask, but Ifeel I am getting bullied by their liquidators. Would you be able to provide me an expert opinion on the quality of the product from British Ceramic Tile. . .. assuming you are a "suitably" qualified person. Regards Jenny

D

Deleted member 54066

Sorry to hear your having problems. But from what you say about the quality of the product, they sound like what any person in the trade would have expected from a this company.
I would be amazed if you could get any redress for buying rubbish.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your predicament. My advice is cut your losses on this one and move on. The liquidadtors aren't so much bullying as sticking to the letter of the law. They are not interested I customer service or commercial gestures. They are interested in one thing only and that is hanging on to as much money from the failed business as possible in order to satisfy creditors and their fees. There will almost certainly be nothing "wrong" with the tiles as they will meet a specified technical standard even if they are not very good tiles. Glaze not being very good would not be a prosecutsble matter as long as that glaze meets the appropriate national standard and to prove it does not will cost you potentially more money than its worth.

Just my opinion you understand but ....

Reply to Expert opinions needed - British Ceramic Tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock