Discuss Evolution Rage 3 in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Anybody use/own an Evolution Rage 3? Bought one for myself the other week for cutting up wood for the wood burner and making xmas pressies etc.

However it also cuts metal so today I suggested to the guy I'm contracting to that I take home some of the trim and cut it into 800mm lengths for him with a mitre on each end so he could just cut to what length he needed ( biggest run was 700mm ).

Anyway , got the saw out and 10 mins later , 12 lengths of double ended mitered trim , sweet as a nut. It was a lighter weight version of pro part , homelux or genisis I think , have to check.

Diggy :0)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Surprised that it could cut something that fine. Would have thought it might have snagged in the saw.

P

Peter

Yep, use mine all the time for metal trim. Great results.

20130921_121602.jpg

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Is this it?
MP Direct by MP Tools | For Tools and Spray Equipment| Evolution Rage3 255mm Sliding Mitre Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peter

Keep an eye in B&Q, you can get the non sliding version for about 80 quid with the standard multi purpose blade. Mine's done probably a few hundred cuts in chrome trim and blade is still fine. Only thing to watch is that trim on its own can catch and jump so you need to put a bit of 2x1 against it.

J

J Sid

80 quid. What's wrong with a thin metal blade in the 4" grinder. Worked great for me for the last 10 years.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Julian i'd do the same for the one , but for consistency i was quite impressed using the Rage 3 S or similar.

J

J Sid

Diggy, You may well be right.
I don't often use trim.
Stone and full bodied porcelain i would polish the edges. Or i try and mitre.
Metal trim has it place and can make a job, but i refuse to use plastic.

Reply to Evolution Rage 3 in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks