The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss ESA. Gov bail out?? Council tax. in the COViD-19 / Coronavirus Community Help Forum area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct
Reactions
Sites closed today. Firstly I've just cancelled my council tax direct debit of £200 a month, they can do one at the moment. What are people doing? Applying for this daft £93 a week ESA now or waiting for an announcement? I could do nothing and live for a year on savings but why should I spend all my savings?

Reactions
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Im waiting to see what helps gonna be available for the self-employed (apparently today). we cant wait much longer though. I feel like I still have to go out to work till somethings put in place for us and I do feel embarrassed as I kno I should follow suit and stay home. I have Amelia(2) and Sophia(8mths) both in nappies and need milk some outgoings we'v only been able to reduce not freeze so just stopping work is not realistic. my partners in police too and said this going to go on for months.

...hope there's help for us all

Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Likewise if I could a builder still working i'd be available now and that opinion will continue until we are given a fair benefit to cover living expenses. I gross £3500-4000 a month but would happily stay at home for a grand.

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
1,982 2
I could do nothing and live for a year on savings but why should I spend all my savings?
Don't forget these measures are in place to save lives, your family, friends and people you know. What makes you think you should get free money for measures being taken to save your life?

We can all do with working on and making more money and some people will actually be struggling and some already lost their jobs so have a bit of respect for them and don't be boasting of having money to survive not wanting to use it. Think of the bigger picture.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
18,372 184
hardly free money, where do you think it's all come from in the first place, and who do you think will be putting it back..

THE GREAT BRITISH WORK FORCE..

Reactions
Free money??? Are you mad? I haven't claimed anything all my life and currently pay 7-10k a year in tax and NI. It's not free it's an entitlement. Office staff work from home on full pay. Employed people are getting put on garden leave at 80%. Wheres the self employed persons share? I've been careful with money all my life to live in a house in proud of and now that's all at risk as it's ''too compllicated'' to help us out. It's a rubbish show.

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
1,982 2
Your missing the main point here also Andy.

What's happening ultimately is life prevention. A selfish comment like why should I spend my savings is what's wrong with people thinking the deserve something out of this situation when it's more about the health and survival of people. There are people that will need the funding and should get it. Not folk like that that feel they are obliged to get something for having their health put first

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
1,982 2
Free money??? Are you mad? I haven't claimed anything all my life and currently pay 7-10k a year in tax and NI. It's not free it's an entitlement. Office staff work from home on full pay. Employed people are getting put on garden leave at 80%. Wheres the self employed persons share? I've been careful with money all my life to live in a house in proud of and now that's all at risk as it's ''too compllicated'' to help us out. It's a rubbish show.
No, why am i mad?

Regardless of what other lines of work are at home being paid my comment was based around you not wanting to spend your own money to survive on, it would have been completely different had you not added that last sentence. I'm not saying people who need money shouldn't be getting it but 4 days in and saying you have the money to survive on but why should you i'm asking you step back and look at the bigger picture and why we are in this situation. Go see what Antonio has been going through in Italy and that may put things into perspective. While thinking of what others at home are able to be paid (and that 80% payment is to help prevent major job losses with the current closures to prevent major issues down the line) think of the many that also lost jobs and don't have savings to live off :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
18,372 184
spoken like a true labour politician...

those that have nothing, get everything..
and those that have something, get nothing..

yes in these trying times, who gives a sh1t about money, stay healthy and not dying is number one on anyone's list, but we got to live off something and when I see all the employed people in this country delving into there savings and giving back the 80% of there wages given to them by the government, I'll do the same...
all were asking for is a level playing field for the self employed..

btw....if I was to live on my savings after 2 months I would be skint.....and I mean skint !
and what happens if work doesn't pick up after this mess, i will be relying on that money to live on, while all the employed people just go back to there jobs..
Post automatically merged:

anyway, let's not argue, stay safe and let's hope we can all get back to normal soon...
Post automatically merged:

anyway, let's not argue, stay safe and let's hope we can all get back to normal soon...

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
1,982 2
Yes Andy we do have to live off something, that was never up for debate.

Look at the first two posts, one guy worried about spending savings and the other caring about how he will look after his kids. Vast difference there and I know who I sympathise with more.

Not spoken like any politician, spoken by someone that isn't immediately being selfish and values human life over a government hand out. I too will be living off savings until anything is organised and work picks up. It's not something I'm whinging about a day after being off site.

A package for the self employed to be announced tomorrow 👍

Reactions
Apologys if i came across as selfish, . My argument was about inequality obviously between paye and self employed, Boris said tonight if I heard his mumbling correctly "there will be an announcement in the next few days erm. tomorrow" bet rishi ain't gonna sleep tonight.

Reply to ESA. Gov bail out?? Council tax. in the COViD-19 / Coronavirus Community Help Forum area at TilersForums.com

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
TileFix Direct
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.