• Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, the Tile Advice Forum. It's free to join if you'd like to register and ask a question should you not be able to search for your answers already. :)

Discuss Electrician's mate looking to make a change- Bedfordshire in the Tilers Looking for Work - Post Details Here area at TilersForums.com

Karl91

TF
Reactions
Hi guys

27 year old electrician's mate here but looking to change trades. The main reason being job satisfaction, I don't want to pay another £1-2k for qualifications to become a fully fledged sparky when it is not what i want to do. Tiling has always appealed to me due to the instant job satisfaction you would get after tiling a customers bathroom\ kitchen etc, however, I appreciate it's not easy either!

I have tried ringing some local tiling firms with no success so thought i'd try on here.

I am based in Bedfordshire but would be willing to travel. I also have my own van. No tiling experience but i'm a quick learner, hands on and keen to learn. I'm also aware and appreciate I would need to take a pay cut while i gain the experience.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TileFix Direct

jcrtiling

TF
Arms
Reactions
Good luck .
You might want to get some practical experience handling tools you're not familiar with first . Like dustpan and brush and the magical sucky thing or as we call it a hoover , but in all seriousness good luck

Karl91

TF
Reactions
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks jcr.
I knew I would get some comments about cleaning up after saying I was from an electrical background just didn't realise it would be this soon :D

Reply to Electrician's mate looking to make a change- Bedfordshire in the Tilers Looking for Work - Post Details Here area at TilersForums.com

Which adhesive did you use most this year?

• Tilemaster

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Mapei

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Ultra

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Weber

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Bal

• Kerakoll

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Ardex

• Rocotex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palace

• Granfix

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Sovereign

• Dunlop

• Laticrete

• Bostick

• Norcross

• Larsen

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Isomat

• Biscem

• Profix

• PCI

• Benfer

• Brit Adhesive

• Python

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Butech

Find a Tiler (New Entries)

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks