Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Electrical: Plastic trunking over a door way in the Electrical Engineering and Electrical Forum area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct

Electrical News

TF Official Sponsor
Premium
Plastic trunking over a door way

The use of fire-resistant clips to avoid premature collapse of cables is obviously a good thing, but what about when the cables are in plastic (PVC-U) trunking that offers metal clips for this reason. The reason for asking is I am looking at some options just now (Marshall-Tufflex Mono Plus 20) and it claims:
  • Suitable for dado application
  • Self extinguishing and non-flame propagating PVC-U
  • Fire clips available to secure cables within trunking and prevent premature collapse in the event of a fire
Is there something I am missing as in the event of a fire I would assume the PVC trunking would simply melt and the clips would be useless?

TL;DR: Is plastic trunking with metal clips OK above a doorway?

Click Plastic trunking over a door way to continue reading or to reply to this thread that has been posted to our electrical forum, ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Electrical: Plastic trunking over a door way in the Electrical Engineering and Electrical Forum area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training

New Threads (Sitewide)

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.