Discuss Electrical: Lightwaverf Socket Failure Repair in the Electrical Engineering and Electrical Forum area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical News

TF Official Sponsor
Premium
Lightwaverf Socket Failure Repair

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a lot of LightwaveRF equipment fitted in my house and have had since the end of 2015. Around 18 months ago, the double sockets that are very rarely used ie in spare bedrooms for example started to fail. One by one every month a socket would fail. They would stop turning on (stuck on amber) and/or would make a terrible loud buzzing/clicking noise. I was able to get a few replaced as they were still under warranty but the rest were out of warranty. I have about 12 in total that have failed.

I did some research a few months ago and stumbled across a sticky thread on lightwaverfcommunity.org.uk (unfortunately now closed), that said that the contacts or contactors have stuck/welded and it is a common problem with Lightwaverf sockets that don't get much use.

The reason for the post is that I cannot replace these so I wish to repair them and I'm looking for advice on what component(s) need replacing. I'm hoping I can just desolder the...

Lightwaverf Socket Failure Repair

Click Lightwaverf Socket Failure Repair to continue reading or to reply to this thread that has been posted to our electrical forum, ElectriciansForums.net

UK Pro Tiling Training

Reply to Electrical: Lightwaverf Socket Failure Repair in the Electrical Engineering and Electrical Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.