The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Electrical: Earthing for domestic house in the Electrical Engineering and Electrical Forum area at TilersForums.com

Electrical News

TF Official Sponsor
Premium
Earthing for domestic house

Hi,

Please could you help my friend, who is having electrical work done at his house?

…The ground wires in his house all go to the consumer unit (main fuse box) and there they connect to the Neutral of the incoming mains power supply. In other words his "earth" is the neutral of the mains.

He is now going to Install an electricity kiosk at the edge of his land where the incoming supply and the meter will go. He asked the electrician what to do about grounding, and he said "nothing". Is this correct?

Anyway, Subsequently, his electrician brought another electrician over for advice, who said he actually needs to place two grounding rods into the ground, one next to the kiosk and one next to the property, some 35 m away.

Do you know if this is correct?

Would I be right in saying that the determining factor here is the (albeit rare) situation of “Lost Neutral conductor” in the three phase system somewhere “upstream” of his supply? As is known. “Lost Neutral...

Earthing for domestic house

Click Earthing for domestic house to continue reading or to reply to this thread that has been posted to our electrical forum, ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Electrical: Earthing for domestic house in the Electrical Engineering and Electrical Forum area at TilersForums.com

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.