Discuss Electrical: Consumer Unit Installation Up to Scratch??? NICEIC approved Installer. in the Electrical Engineering and Electrical Forum area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical News

TF Official Sponsor
Premium
Consumer Unit Installation Up to Scratch??? NICEIC approved Installer.

Hi. I'm newly qualified as a domestic installer so well aware I've got a lot to learn about the real world but...

I looked over a friends consumer unit today. It was recently installed by a NICEIC approved spark. I noticed lots that didn't seem right to me, and I'd appreciate some feedback on which bits are actually bad and which are just "how it really works on site".

1) There's no main bonding in place to either the gas or water. The certificate has all the relevant boxes ticked to say it IS there and complies with regs.

2) The tails haven't been increased to 25mm and they don't all enter through the same knockout.

3)The main earth comes through a large gland leaving plenty of room to poke a finger through.

4) It's been RECORDED on the certificate as a TN-C-S, and does superficially look like one (it's one big cutout). I'm convinced it's a TN-S. It 100 year old house. There's actually a bit of lead sheath visible near where the cable enters the house and there is...

Consumer Unit Installation Up to Scratch??? NICEIC approved Installer.

Click Consumer Unit Installation Up to Scratch??? NICEIC approved Installer. to continue reading or to reply to this thread that has been posted to our electrical forum, ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Electrical: Consumer Unit Installation Up to Scratch??? NICEIC approved Installer. in the Electrical Engineering and Electrical Forum area at TilersForums.com

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor

New Threads (Sitewide)

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.