Discuss Electric shower -second opinion in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

robbieraven

Hi all, Often when you work alone the Forum is the only place for a second opinion. See photo, customer does a bit of DIY himself and has said he can't get this shower off the wall prior to me tiling. I have suggested I get my own plumber to do it, but just so I'm not alone, would anybody ever contemplate tiling around this? I said not an ideal option but would like a second opinion. Thanks Rob
photo.jpg

M

Marksmithtiling

can you release the fixing screws holding it to the wall and cut the tiles in behind the unit then silicone around the unit to finish it off ?

C

Concrete guy

That looks like and Aqualisa Aquastream unit to me.

There will be a hot and cold feed coming straight out of the wall and directly into the back of the unit on push fit fittings. I'll see if I can find an exploded drawing to explain, you should then be able to dismantle.

EDIT:-

Here is a link to the fitting instructions. The two push fit feeds work like JG speedfit stop end cap in so much as there will be a collar that needs to be compressed before the unit can be withdrawn from the pipework.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Qwerty

I have only ever had to tile around an electric shower once. Customer was adamant it was NOT to be removed and who am I to argue!!!??
No issues, just took time for which the customer was charged! I could of had it off in a few minutes, but earned more in the long run anyway.

O

Ollie02948

If you do remove shower which is best to do so, check you have enough length on pipe work before you re tile.

Reaction score
Undo the fixing screws and see if there's any room for tiles to slip in behind.. if not re-assess it then. But I wouldn't be tiling around it. It'll look tosh

Reply to Electric shower -second opinion in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks