Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss egger chipboard flooring in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

bluesky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
afternoon everyone !
bit of advice as to best way to tile on to 'egger' structural chipboard flooring in a new build . - normally overboard chipboard in hardibacker/no more ply 6mm , but this type of board can be tiled straight onto apparently . any advice /suggestions as ive not come across this for quite a while .
cheers !

Reaction score
Hi Bluesky, I've only tiled directly onto this flooring once before but it still doesn't feel right. Admittedly there were never any issues as I've seen the customer again recently. Would always rather overboard where possible. Egger just recommended a suitable flexible https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, my main concern it that the flooring seems quite "plastic" on the surface and in most new builds all the flooring is c
[automerge]1602349398[/automerge]
... covered in plaster/dust and paint đź‘Ť

Reaction score
I tiled a job a few years ago were they used that same product, I still wanted to overboard with 5mm wedi but the foreman was adamant I tiled straight onto it. Never got any call backs, but Still wouldn’t use the product on any of my jobs.

Reply to egger chipboard flooring in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock