Discuss Efflorescence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

chelsway

Hi to all, i recently tiled a bathroom, and 3 weeks later all the grout is a lemon yellow colour,been told i could have used too much water in washing,fair enough.does anyone have any experience with the unibond grout reviver and would the yellow bleed through eventually?please give me any advise.thanks

D

DHTiling

That isn't Efflorescence as the title you used suggests..

Which grout was it...and has the customer done any cleaning duties and if so what did they use..?

G

Gazzer

Is it "all" the grout ? Was adhesive dry before grouting, what adhesive did you use?, were walls painted? as much info as possible please

C

chelsway

It was a weber maxi grout(suitable for exterior/interior) as far as i know they have left it alone but who knows,i just find it strange that its the same colour all over?

C

chelsway

I primed the walls with a bal sbr ,used supergrip to stick and weber grout.left the tiles overnight before grouting

D

DHTiling

Right... What size tiles... and how thick was the adhesive used..?

Soz for the questions ..just trying to eliminate things.

C

chelsway

The tiles were ceramic 20 x 25 or 30 b&q tiles and i used my normal 6mm notched trowel

G

Gazzer

Still havent answered if walls were painted ?
Did you use a new sponge ? see a few times when colour came out of spponge but then you should have noticed that when washing off.

D

DHTiling

So it shouldn't be a moisture problem..

You need to call weber and get a Rep out....before you do anything else..

C

chelsway

As i remember i think the walls were painted but around the shower area it was old unpainted plaster,one wall had been wall papered and paper removed.

Reply to Efflorescence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks