Discuss Edges and Internal Corners with Bevelled Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dwalley

Hello Everbody,

This is my first posting on the forum and hopefully you will be able to help me.

I am just about to tile a bathroom using bevelled 150 x 75mm white ceramic tiles and would like to use an offest brick pattern, however I am a little inexperienced and do not know the best way to approach the internal and external corners corners and I also have an edge where the tiles finish.

Please could someone give me some advice as to the best way to approach this, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Valdo

D

DHTiling

Hello valdo mate..welcome to forums....

the external corners you can just edge with tile trims to suit the depth of the tiles middle as this is the thickest part ..not much you can do with the bevelled part unless you mitre the corners which i would advise against as the tiles will chip easy if knocked...
also try and follow the brick pattern around the corners...

the internal corners will have to be scribed to suit the bevelled edge......hope this helps...........dave...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dwalley

Many thanks for the information I will will go with the tile trim option for the external corners as I think that will be easier for me .

Could you explain a little more as to what you mean by "scribe to suit the bevelled edge" when refering to the internal corners, I'm a bit of a novice so I not 100% sure of what you mean by this....

Many Thanks
Valdo

D

DHTiling

Many thanks for the information I will will go with the tile trim option for the external corners as I think that will be easier for me .

Could you explain a little more as to what you mean by "scribe to suit the bevelled edge" when refering to the internal corners, I'm a bit of a novice so I not 100% sure of what you mean by this....

Many Thanks
Valdo

hi valdo... with the tile having the bevelled edge if you just straight cut in the corners this will leave gaps where the bevelled edge is...so you need to shape the returning tiles to fit neatly up to the previous wall... to do this use an off cut of tile and measure your cut to corner as usaual then using off cut mark the bevell shape onto tile from your mark .. cut this shape out....practice on off cuts.... before fitting.......dave...

J

Johnny novice

Scribing the internals sounds like a nice touch.
The ends I am assuming are all best as cuts so that they are the same depth to suit the trim. Of course there will always be a slight depth difference where the bevel edges join and I guess that you take that up in the grout. Shame as my wall works out as exactly a run of full tiles so if I brick pattern I end up with alternate bevel edges to cut edges and I can't picture how you make that look good against the trim?

N

Norfolknidea

Scribing the internals sounds like a nice touch.
The ends I am assuming are all best as cuts so that they are the same depth to suit the trim. Of course there will always be a slight depth difference where the bevel edges join and I guess that you take that up in the grout. Shame as my wall works out as exactly a run of full tiles so if I brick pattern I end up with alternate bevel edges to cut edges and I can't picture how you make that look good against the trim?

Reply to Edges and Internal Corners with Bevelled Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks