Discuss Durabase mat over warm up loose wire kit in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

puddy

Hi all, can someone please advise ,

I have laid my loose wire on top of my wbp ( no room for insulation board), I want to use durabase decoupler on top then tile, do I need to use self levelling compound over the wire first or is it acceptable to lay the durabase straight on top with the adhesive . Thanks

D

DHTiling

You need full contact with the adhesive for the Dural ci+, so as above deffo embed the ufh into suitable SLC and then a min 4mm trowel for the flexi adhesive for the Dural ci+

P

puddy

Just thought , what would be the ideal sise trowel for laying the tiles , I am using travertine tiles aprox 300x 400 on top of the durabase, I have a 10mm square or an 18 mm half round.

G

Gazzer

Out of those 2 I would opt for the 18mm half round but remember to use the flat side of the rowel to fill in all the pockets in the dural before spreading with the notched side of the trowel. Also skim the backs of the travertine before fixing.

Reply to Durabase mat over warm up loose wire kit in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks