Discuss Dry cutter not cutting straight all way along in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

tails123

TF
DIY Tiler
Reaction score
Hi there, been cutting 800 x 300 porcelain tile square cuts no problem for my bathroom walls however struggling to cut hex porcelain tiles corner to corner. The last 20 to 30mm breaks away from the score line. I checked the score and it does look or feel any different where the break veres off. Photo attached (ignore the jagged edge on rh tile I tried the nippers) Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20191112-WA0006.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20191112-WA0007.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 41

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Does your end that tails off always happen at the same end of the cutter? You may need to adjust your cutter for the correct height of the tile

Try double scoring the end that is not braking correctly. you could just be missing some pressure on the scoring action.

Try slowly breaking the tile with smaller push down actions with the breaker on the tile and slowly move up the tile doing the same instead of one swift snapping action.

wetcut/grind the top and tail then snap it providing you dont require both halves of the tile to be exactly half

Reply to Dry cutter not cutting straight all way along in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks