Discuss Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
right lately ive been drilling harder and harder tiles (size wise im talking 6-10mm for now) on average its taking 10mins to drill one hole even with the diamond ones

needs to be dry cutting but i dont mind if i have to dip every 10 seconds etc to keep it cool

is there an all singing dancing kit (yes i know its a tall order) but helllp :D

W

Waluigi

Wax filled diamond brazed.

They do work far better on an angle grinder but still very good on a drill.

W

Waluigi

Red will be marcrist, light blue erbauer, darker blue Mexco.

Anyway, get a grinder, that’s what these bits are designed for. Far quicker than a drill and the bit stays much cooler. Even on the hardest porcelain it’s 1 dip halfway through drilling. They’re all I use.
8A47CA7F-A241-4E81-9A6E-7B14D4477371.jpeg

W

Waluigi

Yeah set your drill to Grinder mode

Seriously though, the grinder is the missing link here. I have a video of me drilling onto Porc and it’s so fast.

Reply to Tile drilling, hard tile drilling advice in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks