Discuss Drill Tough Tiles - Tile Drill Bits - Tile Drilling Professionals in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
www.365drills.com for professional tile drill bits, porcelain drill bits, tough tile drill bits. Drill holes in tough tile. Drill holes for pipes, radiators, showers etc with Porsadrill - the professionals choice in drill bits for tile.

D

Deleted member 1779

At the moment 365drills is advertising in printed media for its range of diamond drills for very hard porcelain floor or wall tiles. Drilling holes into bathrooms or kitchens for items like bathroom cabinets, shelves, radiator pipes, towel rail, door stops, shower head is a common requirement and not all that easy in modern materials.

Effective external contact with media including publishing, tv, radio, exhibitions, demos, word of mouth, etc etc are all methods we try to use.

However if anyone has any advertising suggestions please let us know jus tin case we have missed a trick.

At the moment 365drills promotes porsadrill via [DLMURL="http://www.tileandstonejournal.com/"]Tile & Stone Journal [/DLMURL]to tile shops and tiler warehouse. And we may attend tile and stone show again in June 2008 Here is the list of current exhibitors for this year

But we are open to advertising and promotional suggestions and if anyone knows of a proven method with ROI please let us know.

Richard

BFKMX1.jpg

£49.99

-

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

In this video we show HOW to drill those tough stones materials like porcelain tiles, granite, glass and slate etc.
[yt]NjuUmSksArQ[/yt]

In this video we show WHY we produce the bathroom fitters kit which is the universal all in one diamond drilling kit for VERY hard tiles.

[yt]W2CXLSjpVhU[/yt]

About 8 mins for each film all professional tilers, plumbers and installers should take the time to watch and see how it is done.

At 365Drills we can save you time on the job, save you broken tiles, and give you tools that are value for money and perform.

D

Deleted member 1779

This is our best selling Kit.

kit2.jpg

Its the total Tile Drilling Solution from 365Drills and the "All in one" for drilling your porcelain tiles.

kit6mm3.jpg

This is your 6mm pack for drilling holes for rawl plugs
redplug.jpg
at £29.99 for a pack of four diamond core drills.

We also do a pack of 8mm tile drills for drilling holes
redplug2.jpg
also at £29.99 for a pack of FOUR dimaond cores.

You can buy both together as a bundle price of £49.99 for 8 diamond cores saving £10.

65mm.jpg

Finally we supply 37 other sizes so you can be sure to find the exact diamond core drill bit to complete your tile drilling project

6mm
8mm
10mm
12mm
14mm
16mm
18mm
20mm
22mm
25mm
28mm
30mm
32mm
35mm
38mm
40mm
42mm
45mm
48mm
50mm
53mm
55mm
60mm
65mm
70mm
75mm
80mm
85mm
90mm

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the different between the black and chrome bits Richard? The black look much sexier IMO. Is it just the size that's different?

D

Deleted member 1779

Good question. Now for a trade secret.

We are actually supplying our cores to some of the larger PRESTIGIOUS tile companies who GIVE THEM AWAY AS FREE GIFTS.

porsadrill_new.jpg

Wait did you read that right.... FREE.... On here we supply them for £49.99 and yet some tile shops GIVE THEM AWAY FREE.

Yes exactly. What they calculate is that on a sale of say 37 square meters of tiles at even a cheap end range of £55psm then the bill to the
client is £2035.00 for a small bathroom.

Usually any client spending that kind of money is looking for a freebie. So the tile shop will give them a set of our cores.

To make them look even nicer they are also prepared to pay us a little more for them to be lazer cut.

We now supply our diamond cores in a basic metal finish and a luxury lazer cut black painted finish.

But it adds £10 to the cost of a set. If anyone wants a BFKMX with lazer cut drills then it rises from £49.99 to £59.99 a set.

porsadrill_8mm.jpg

Would anyone here want
a) Sexy lovely drills at £59.99 a set.
b) Basic looking drills which do the same as above but dont look as good for £49.99

Yes I thought as much!

Seriously the cost of production adds £10 a set but some of the top end retail outlets are willing to pay for it. Most of the installers on here would rather have them working rather than looking pretty.

And another prime reasons our kits are also given free is an insurance for the tile shop. Example I said above the basic prices are £55psm but the shops we supply in bulk sell tiles for £120psm. So that same 37 square meter job would cost the customer £4440 in tiles. In the past the amount of broken tiles that installers were bringing back to the shops were putting a strain on relations. So the shops now give our sets away and they tell me that the return rate for tiles broken during installation using 365Drills PORSADRILL is ZERO.

I dont know if it devalues our brand by having them given away as a £59.99 free gift for the sale of £2000 to £4000 worth of tiles but that is how they want to sell their tiles.

And we have 8 accounts that are doing things this way. One of the directors I was talking too said in the past they used to give away a free tub of grout and you could see the poor woman lugging a tub of grout out of the shop after spending £4K. They love to give the client the free gift which is light to carry and has value.

kit6mm3.jpg

Some drills from 365Drills are painted black and lazered. But would you pay an extra £10 for that?

So there we have it !

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You know. Although I'm guessing it's pointless other than the aesthetics, I think I'd still buy the lazer cut ones. They just look really smart.

Having said that I understand giving extra attention to aesthetics for the higher end retailers is something that sets them apart from the rest.

I just think they'd look smarter in a tool box though.

D

Deleted member 1779

Hey you know what.... (Here comes trade secret number two!)

We looked at the case idea too !

case.jpg

What we found with the case was that
1) It adds £5 to the cost of the product. And £0.45p to the postage due to weight. And £0.16p for the packaging to a bigger box.
2) Once the case is closed you cant see the contents.
3) By marketing against Macrist, Rubi, Armeg who are all £300+ for tools in cases. We wanted to stand apart and supply the value for money market at £30-£50

We were told that if we put the case together above for the Bathroom Fitters kit then the market would bear £99 for the kit. It might be that we have done ourselves an injustice. Maybe this market is so niche that we should actually spray the drills, stick them in a case and sell them for £99.

The additional cost would be the spray and lazer (£10) the case (£5) and the PP. We would make more money at £99 than at £49.99

Question then becomes. Would sales drop off ?

S

Saltire69

Can you not sell the case's themselves. i buy all my drills from yourselves and i would buy the case as i just have the drill bits in a side pocket of my drill bag.
Thx for the 2 100mm drill bits. Gonna use them tomorrow for lights on a step.

D

Deleted member 1779

First of all thanks for the order for the 100mm cores and the BFKMX. Appreciate the sale. You and Dan both raise great questions and on my mind is always to provide equipment that you guys on the front line need. If you say you need a case then perhaps I should start to look at the option seriously.

In fact maybe its time to reveal TRADE SECRET NUMBER THREE....

We are looking at some prototype drills which are high quality machined and have a water arbor. And we are considering whether to add them to the range or not.
Here they are:

62864_426971512013_617362013_5061615_2098255_n.jpg

Please note what you are looking at are PROTOTYPES ONLY.

62864_426971517013_617362013_5061616_3798609_n.jpg

This is what it might look like mocked up in a case.

If we do launch this range then expect to pay about £350 for the kit above.

And if we get any cases in for this project I will send you a free case

At the moment I am about to set up endurance testing of this drill.

33760_426971557013_617362013_5061619_8237511_n.jpg

Example above is of the 8mm drill. My thinking is this. If our current offering is 4 x 8mm cores @ £29.99 for a pack.

kit6mm3.jpg

(This is our current offering) And its life span is about 60 holes (about 15 per core) in VERY HARD C5 grade porcelain.

The question is will the test drill surpass the 60 hole life span and if so by how many. If it does 100 holes then its not worth selling because the cost of the drill and the arbor would be about £35 for the arbor £47 for the drill. So its £82 for the pair to drill 100 holes plus the cost of the water cooling system too. You might as well have 2 x packs of 8mm which will give you 120 holes for £60

Now if the drill does 300 holes then that is more commercial. But my gut feeling is that I dont think it will get anywhere near it. As you can see as a manufacturer we are ALWAYS looking for your best options. In this case the project may already be dead but we will test this core in 2011 to see what it does.

63004_426971477013_617362013_5061613_6739006_n.jpg

You never know.. It might tick the right boxes.

One thing we dont have is all the answers. YOU GUYS ON THE FRONT LINE are valuable sources of information so we welcome ALL comments. If you need this equipment we will produce it for you.

I will keep you informed about using the display cases theme.

G

Gazzer

They are not threaded, they have a plain shank which fits into the drill chuck jaws.

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes they are threaded but we have abandond this project. Under testing we found that increasing the volume of metal (making them beefy) increased the heat causing premature diamond loss. This range will NOT make it to the market place.

247526_10150183173257014_617362013_6862726_618188_n.jpg

Here you can see a close up of the screw thread. And also the cutting surface.
For porcelain tiles you actually need the reverse of what you see above.
You need ULTRA THIN METAL to take away the heat and to cut out only the part of the porcelain tile that you really need to.
You need maximum diamond on the cutting edge. And a super strong bond between the diamond and the casing.

In tests it was the thickness of the metal that caused problems by overheating and releasing the diamonds.
The solution was to increase the water (pump it) via the arbour but that is just too messy.
Its overkill for the task in hand.

252521_10150183173292014_617362013_6862727_7413391_n.jpg

Here's a close up of that drilling edge. As you go to put a hole into a porcelain tile all it does is hold the heat and release the diamond.

But its better that we do the testing rather than let products (however nice they look) get to the market and fail.

One thing I did notice HYDROHANDLE is that you are from the United States. For an impartial USA perspective of our gear the independent product testing company Pro-Tool have written an article that is really useful to your market.

What do the United States make of PORSADRILL by 365Drills. Technical American Article
usa.gif

Hope its useful.

D

Deleted member 1779

Actually if you look at our existing product (to the right of the red test drill)
253967_10150183235067014_617362013_6863221_4424410_n.jpg

You can see that its more about getting the maximum number of diamonds onto the cutting surface as well as trimming down the metal.

The drill to the right (PORSADRILL) uses half the metal of the red test drill. But it is saturated in diamonds.
The red test drill is embeded with diamonds. [The diamonds are set into the metal] And PORSADRILL diamonds are electroplated to the surface.

Under test conditions our existing product range PORSADRILL outperformed it time and again. So the answer is that we now only supply the drill on the right !

Reply to Drill Tough Tiles - Tile Drill Bits - Tile Drilling Professionals in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks