Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Dressing beswick limestone slab.... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Got some beswick tumbled limestone slabs to do in the new year, I have to cut a curve in some of them and dress the edge, was going to use a polishing pad from ATS what grit would you recommend for limestone.
Or anything else that I could attach to a grinder and use...

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Silicon carbide #120 will give a honed finish.

If the edge is being seen and you don't want what appears to be a machine cut/finished edge then you could finish with silicon carbide brushes to give it more an aged appearance.
Can they be used with a grinder ?

C

Concrete guy

Can they be used with a grinder ?

Better used on a polisher or variable speed grinder.

You'd have no control at 10,000 rpm+.

I always explain to people that the clue is in the name - a grinder is great for grinding (and cutting) , if you want to polish you need a polisher.

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Better used on a polisher or variable speed grinder.

You'd have no control at 10,000 rpm+.

I always explain to people that the clue is in the name - a grinder is great for grinding (and cutting) , if you want to polish you need a polisher.
As this is a one off job and I just need to dress 2 curves, would the hand polishing pads work ?

C

Concrete guy

As this is a one off job and I just need to dress 2 curves, would the hand polishing pads work ?

Really it all depends what finish you want.

Wet and dry paper will work for a one off.

It's worth investing in a variable speed machine as it really opens up what you can offer the customer, I see a lot of guys on here use the Bosch one, which looks like good value for money for a few jobs.

Reply to Dressing beswick limestone slab.... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock