Discuss Does hardibacker need adhesive on caberdek? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

wasabi

-
Reaction score
Hi folks

Tiling a bathroom in a new build. Floor is caberdek, solid and flat. Could I just screw the hardi boards down? There's zero movement, or should I still use the adhesive bed? This caberdek looks a bit waxy or has a coating. Cheers

wasabi

-
Reaction score
fyi I called Hardibacker and they said to use the adhesive still. Not sure what it will do as it won't stick well to the waxy chipboard and the floor was flat and solid already, but heyho

Reaction score
Hi Wasabi,
I saw your post this morning but didn't really know the answer.
I thought about it this afternoon and was going to suggest using adhesive anyway, as it will bond the substate and it gives an extra layer of protection, in my opinion, you can't go wrong by making sure there is nothing that will come back to bite you on floors.

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
Even on caberdek I would always prime and then apply adhesive first. It will fill even minor undulations between hardi and chipboard and with the screw fixings will ensure a solid substrate to tile to.

Reply to Does hardibacker need adhesive on caberdek? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks