Discuss Does anyone use a cordless angle grinder with a diamond blade? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mark B

Hello,

Does anyone use a cordless angle grinder with a diamond blade?

I'm currently using an old 240v 4.5" angle grinder but it's very heavy and somewhat unweildy. I use 18v Dewalt tools for everything else so was thinking of replacing the old grinder with an 18v Dewalt one.

If any of you use a cordless one how do you find it?

Thanks

Mark

M

Mark B

I hadn't used a grinder at all until recently, relying on my wet cutter.

The last job I did I was asked to fit a shower screen to a bath but they had a very raised border that had to have section chopped out. I bought a diamond blade for my old angle grinder and have since been using it. I've found it much easier than having to set up the wet cutter for just the odd cut.

Just as with all power tools, if you don't use them properly or safely you will get hurt!

Mark

D

DHTiling

I bought a cheap proline cordless grinder and have only used it tice i think and both times was to clean my bucket trowel after forgetting to clean it..:)

I think they would be handy for site work but if on domestic and using it a lot then power corded will be better then no worries about losing battery power....

IMO though a table saw will give a neater/straighter cut all day long and less stress on the wrists........:thumbsup:

T

TilingLogistics

I recently bought a Makita 4101RH after seeking advice on here for removing a lot of grout. Having now used it I would say it replaces an angle grinder and the table cutter for quite a lot of situations but not all. If you have loads of cutting to do there is no replacement for a good table cutter:thumbsup:

Kev

M

Mark B

Thanks for your views,

I guess I'm just looking at alternatives to having to set up (and clean!) my wet table cutter.

During this recent heavy showery weather we've been having recently it's been much easier to dash out with the angle grinder!

Mark

Reply to Does anyone use a cordless angle grinder with a diamond blade? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks