Discuss Do you need to run Ditra right to the edge of the room? Thinking of leaving a gap to deal with a high perimeter. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I've got a room with a two-layer plywood subfloor that is fairly flat (not level) but the floor ramps up at the perimeter fairly sharply. I'm going to be using Ditra for the installation (only for uncoupling - not worried about waterproofing). Rather than trying to raise the entire floor to the level of the perimeter, I was thinking of just leaving an 8" gap around the edge where I would not lay down any Ditra. Anyone tried this before?

Reaction score
:)
I've got a room with a two-layer plywood subfloor that is fairly flat (not level) but the floor ramps up at the perimeter fairly sharply. I'm going to be using Ditra for the installation (only for uncoupling - not worried about waterproofing). Rather than trying to raise the entire floor to the level of the perimeter, I was thinking of just leaving an 8" gap around the edge where I would not lay down any Ditra. Anyone tried this before?
Run for your life. Why on earth would you take a job on thats on two layers of ply PLUS the outer area is raised so much that you can't get it level?

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
:)
There are ways round things and ways of doing things right !you know answer

Reply to Do you need to run Ditra right to the edge of the room? Thinking of leaving a gap to deal with a high perimeter. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks