Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Do Mapei do an ivory coloured grout? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've just finished a bathroom using Mapei Ultracolour in Jasmine (130) and had planned on using the same colour grout and silicone for the kitchen splashback. However, when I compare the cream kitchen tiles with the grout lines in the bathroom, the grout looks too yellow for the tiles. The actual colour I'm seeing looks more like the Vanilla (131) on the Mapei colour chart.

For the kitchen tiles I wanted something a bit warmer than white (ivory?), but Mapei don't seem to have an option for this. Can anyone recommend an alternative brand/colour with matching silicone?

It's a shame I can't get the colour I want from Mapei, as this was the first time I'd used their grout and the finish was flawless. I'm never going back to tubbed products.

The splashback
IMG_0426lr.jpg

IMG_0427lr.jpg

Mapei Ultracolour 130 used in the loft bathroom
IMG_0421lr.jpg

OP
P

Pebbs

Ardex, do some lovely colours, theres one called antique ivory, actually just looking at my grout selector now and theres a good selection of the creams to be selected.

Good luck.

Pebbs

OP
G

Gazzer

Ardex, do some lovely colours, theres one called antique ivory, actually just looking at my grout selector now and theres a good selection of the creams to be selected.

Good luck.

Pebbs

Nice grout to use too. :thumbsup:

OP
D

Del

A quick update on this. I couldn't find a local supplier that did Bal or Ardex grouts. Pushed for time I let a local tile shop sell me some cream grout from Ultra, as it was 'just as good'.

I managed to get the job done, but it's bloody awful stuff, especially on bevelled metro tiles. It was also more expensive than Bal. Next time I'm going to plan ahead and order online.

OP
J

Janice

I've just finished a bathroom using Mapei Ultracolour in Jasmine (130) and had planned on using the same colour grout and silicone for the kitchen splashback. However, when I compare the cream kitchen tiles with the grout lines in the bathroom, the grout looks too yellow for the tiles. The actual colour I'm seeing looks more like the Vanilla (131) on the Mapei colour chart.

For the kitchen tiles I wanted something a bit warmer than white (ivory?), but Mapei don't seem to have an option for this. Can anyone recommend an alternative brand/colour with matching silicone?

It's a shame I can't get the colour I want from Mapei, as this was the first time I'd used their grout and the finish was flawless. I'm never going back to tubbed products.

The splashback
IMG_0426lr.jpg

IMG_0427lr.jpg

IMG_0421lr.jpg

The splashback
IMG_0426lr.jpg

IMG_0427lr.jpg

IMG_0421lr.jpg

Reply to Do Mapei do an ivory coloured grout? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock