Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Do I start with a full tile in the corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

BillyM

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I am about to tile a splashback having put the job off for a few months (much to my wife's annoyance)

As you walk into the kitchen, the first worktop starts, with the basic shape being an upside-down U shape with the wall directly in front of the door having the window.

I am using 200 x 100 tiles.

I want to start on the left side .. a straight wall into the corner.

Marking out, it would be 16 full tiles (and spaces) then 85mm to the end of the worktop.

Do I start with a full tile at the corner, or a full tile at the other end, ie near the door ?

Or do I work it out so there are cuts at both ends, 42mm

Alternatively, if I just start the tile 85mm from the end .. would mean only full tiles .. or would this look stupid ?

Again the window side is near enough 20 full tiles and half a tile ... I assume I arrange it to have cuts equal in size at both ends.

I would like to give in now ... even before I start :)

Reply to Do I start with a full tile in the corner in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock