Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss DIY'er new to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello there. My name is Al and live up in Aberdeenshire. i've been tile easy stuff for myself, friends, family for a fair few years. A time served sparky from way back in the day, that now works in an office and likes to get his hands dirty.

Lurked a few times on here and normally get sound advice/tips, but i'm venturing into the world of wetrooms on a first floor, so being pretty cautious and making sure i get this right and looking for some advice from you very knowledgable and experienced folks :)

Al

OP
A
Reaction score
regarding DIY (self build), its got to be a full steading (barn) conversion around 15 years ago.

A huge leap of faith, no money, (but banks that were rather casual with mortgages/loans at the time) and some very good friends from the building trade that i was still part of at the time, i stripped back to bare walls and started again. having a day job already, and doing another 8-10hr a day on your own house wasnt so much fun for a year and battling the NE scotland weather. But i learned so much and it set me up good and proper on the housing market (finished just as Mr Blair's party was just getting into full swing!)

cheers for the warm welcomes :)

Al

Reply to DIY'er new to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock