UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Ditra over vinyl in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)

Andrew

TF
Reactions
Hi all, this goes against the grain for me but may be an option! I know that schluter reckon you can use ditra over existing vinyl floors, so long as its rigid and well bonded.
i have never tried it and never wanted or needed to and will still be doubting it even if given the thumbs up.
The job is a business premises that can't close, I have a window of roughly 60 hours to complete 80m 60x60 granite.
40m is vinyl the remainder is already prepared, the vinyl area has one area of deflection in a corner which I cut out and confirmed the structure of the subfloor to be 22mm floor board with 18mm ply overlaid. The 1 m of vinyl I removed took over an hour in cm pieces, to reveal scres at approx 200 centres.i have drilled core holes next to joists and braced to ground to cure te deflections, the floor is now rock solid and vinyl extremely well bonded. The prep for this area must be done during the 60 hours.
Time is precious so looking at the options
Your thoughts please!

whitebeam

Arms
Reactions
2,920 3
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reply to Ditra over vinyl in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct

New Threads (Sitewide)

UK Pro Tiling Training
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.