Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Directional arrows on the back of tiles. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

On one

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Despite having seen the directional arrows on the back of tiles for many years, It's the first time I've seen this on tile packaging.

Attachments

• 20190522_084830.jpg
    20190522_084830.jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 47
OP
F

Flintstone

I've never seen that on a box, sometimes it matters and other times not so much.

OP
O

On one

Out of curiosity I tried to keep the arrows going in the same direction. These were unrectified Brazilian 'proper' 600x 600's and not cut down 1200's........don't know if it made a difference.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've seen the arrows on the box. It stipulates that the arrows point in the same direction when laying tile. A bit annoying if you have an offcut that fits, but the arrow points in the wrong direction!

Also this week I saw (on a box) a diagram of tiles in brickbond but a big 'X' through the picture. The box also pictured levelling clips (10 per tile!!!).

OP
G

GoneGuy

I’ve noticed it on a few boxes over last couple months. Just got to do as manufacturer recomends

OP
O

On one

I’ve noticed it on a few boxes over last couple months. Just got to do as manufacturer recomends
A bit tricky that one, when the customer has got 30 boxes of tiles sitting in the garage,chosen on the basis of 1 sample tile in a shop or even just a picture from the internet, you turn up, and point out the no brickbond logo on the packaging.

OP
G

GoneGuy

On current project this was on the box

Attachments

• 442DA8C9-C26B-4443-B974-0ECF745D52E3.jpeg
    442DA8C9-C26B-4443-B974-0ECF745D52E3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Reply to Directional arrows on the back of tiles. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock