Discuss Different height walls in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Phil S

TF
Reaction score
hi all, just after some opinions please. My bathroom ceiling slopes down to one of the four walls. Setting out the 300mm x 600mm tiles floor to ceiling in brick style on the larger three walls gives me a tile cut on the bottom and top rows of 225mm. However on the wall of smaller height it’s a cut at 165 mm for the top and bottom rows. Obviously those tiles won’t line up in the corners with the tiles on the other two higher walls to the side. To get the tiles to meet at the same height all the way round should I:

A. Have the bottom row 165mm and the top row on the three larger walls at 285mm?
B. Have the bottom row 225 mm and the top row on the smaller height wall 105mm?
C. Find somewhere in the middle so bottom row 195mm and top rows 255mm (higher walls) and 200mm (lower wall)
D. Do something else.

I think C is best but not sure. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

W

WetSaw

B for me but it also depends on other things in the room. Window, bath, door etc. Have you included spacers in your measurements? Are the ceilings level?

Q

Qwerty

B or C are best but as already mentioned, delends how cuts fall on door frame, window, bath etc

Phil S

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Bath is a roll top bath not up against a wall. Spacers included in the measurements already. Will check out where tiles fall against door frame and window

Reply to Different height walls in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks