Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Difference between Jackoboard and Wedi board in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

H573

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
So basically what’s the difference between Jacko and Wedi?

O

On one

For me, the Wedi has a thicker,denser outer coating. Definitely harder to cut than Jackoboard.

D

Dumbo

Some of the boards dont have bba certificates , mainly the unbranded or own brand Chinese imports

Reaction score
I've just got some Jackoboard for a bath shower in my house. Conflicting ideas everywhere on whether I should tank the area Got tape for the seams and i plan to cover with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.
I've bought the Mapei waterproofing kit, it contains primer, tape and waterproofer.

Should I tank it with this stuff..seems overkill but would love some advice. Local trader says I should in the wet area.

D

Dumbo

Only waterproof joints and screw holes and any other protrusions like pipe work as tanking whole board will reduce weight carrying capacity

Reaction score
Great, thanks for that.

Not tiled for a while so ill get the boards up..dot n dab to level and screw in once set.

Original tiles are on the rest of the bathroom...look like pre war! They were fixed with black ash mortar..They fell off whole with huge voids behind them and no spacers. Held on with will power I think.
Things were simpler back then.

Reaction score
I always use Polish building boards called Thermopanel. There are some companies which sell them here in england. I bough them once some time ago, and I will never change that product for another...

Reply to Difference between Jackoboard and Wedi board in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock