Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Did we get taken for a ride? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

pupmup

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

We just paid £900 labour for two days work to renovate our bathroom. The wall is 9m2 (tiles 30cm by 15cm), the floor is 3m2 (tiles 60cm by 30cm). Two guys on the first day, one guy alone on the second day. Ripped out literally everything in the bathroom, smashed up the old tiles, did all the work and then put it all back together again.

Guy seems good at his job - on finding thin plywood under the old floor tiles insisted we give him 60 quid to get some sturdier floor covering. All the other materials he bought for the job he showed me the links to online and charged me at cost.

We're in Greenwich, south east London. Finished product seems great - even, level, good grouting.

£300 per guy per day for competent, quick work seems pretty reasonable to me, but the wife isn't happy at all.

Any thoughts welcome. We have to get the kitchen done soon, and it would be good to benchmark costs.

Thank you

Reaction score
The guys you had seem pretty efficient and if the job is good and you are happy then can't see no issues. Price wise they did okay but maybe it just all went well for them. You never know what to expect when ripping out a bathroom. Had the tile been really rough and shoddy and just smashed out in 2 days then it would be a different story. 👍

Reply to Did we get taken for a ride? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock