Discuss Diamond drill bits???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mingualez

Got some bits to cut porcelain tiles approx 8mm. Now I know you'll probably call me a mug LOL. But for logistic reasons I got some B+Q pro bits. First tile I cut went through ok second cut was a nightmare. I dropped the drill down to medium torque but the bit and tile got very hot and the bit was glowing hot, I kept cooling down the tile with water and giving the bit a break to cool. I take it this is because the bit is poor quality??? should I take it back or am i doing something wrong??
Thanks in advance..

C

creative

Try holding a wet sponge against the bit whilst drilling , to stop it over heating...

F

Fekin

When drilling holes through Porcelain you should always use water cooling as you drill and not wait until the bits glowing, as the friction builds up very quickly and will over heat and damage the drill bit in no time at all.

Have a look at 365 Drills, one of the community forum sponsers for a propper drilling kit :thumbsup:

W

White Room

If you decide to take them back to B&Q don't say your trade, They won't give you your money back

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
montolit drill bits are the best ive used so far,,fit onto an angle grinder and cut any tile like butter:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

kit6mm3.jpg

Porsadrill is our brand of drills made from ultra hard JR4 diamonds and use very thin metal to reduce heat. Above is our 8mm pack of four at £29.99

9a.jpg

Thats how we could drill 150 holes in one weekend (see full project)

And probably why after sales of these on ebay we have a feedback rating of 1115 positive feedbacks from customers we supply globally. Feedback Proof

We are a British Company exporting these kits all over the world and have a solid reputation for diamond drilling commercial grade C5 porcelain tiles.

porsadrill_8mm.jpg

All our kits are time proven with professional installers and are excellent value for money.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mingualez

Thanks for the advice peeps. 365 that kit is good value, may well have to purchase one of those.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
A friend of mine uses the B&Q Drills, and has never had a problem with them. It sounds to me like you aren't using enough water. You should try one of these, and keep the speed low.
The 365 Drills have a very good reputation, and should easily outlast the B&Q Drills, from what i hear, but i'd still use the linked guide. ;)

D

Deleted member 1779

Just so you know where we stand with regards to quality. Our market is professional installerS so we expect repeat sales.

B&Q etc aim at DIY so they do not expect their products to perform as long or to be as durable.

We (I) use the most expensive grade of commercial diamonds which I personally selected when I went to the factory in Shanghai.

n617362013_981698_5481.jpg

Richard Hazell and Nigel Stokes went to the factory to personally select the diamonds that encrust each drill bit. They chose the most durable and of course the most expensive. This is a ten year project and the Porsadrill brand is being built in the same way as Duracell brand their batteries. Stronger, Longer, Harder.

We have a comprehensive set of rules about diamond strength, density and loading. You cant get stronger commercial diamonds than ours because we use the best.

thinwall.jpg

I didnt go half way round the world and put my suit on to tell those people we wanted to cut costs. I told them to give us the strongest, hardest most expensive commercial diamonds they could.

upclose2.jpg

You cant get more durable than that per 1mm.

Drilling C5 grade porcelain tiles is a fight between super hard material and diamond durability. The difference between a DIY drill that runs out of steam at 1 hole is whats put on the end. We make sure its the hard stuff.

And at £29.99 for a pack of FOUR thats superb value for money (plus of course you guys get trade prices - Just ask)

drilling_tiles.jpg

Hard tiles demand even harder diamond drills....

Its not me who does the talking about feedback. We leave that to the forum users who talk honestly. Plus we refer you to our ebay sales.

So far the score is 1155 Postive. COMPLAINTS 0

Ebay customers who choose to leave feeback after purchase. Latest results....

As a consumer you have choice. In 1995 there was no choice and you had to buy expensive drilling rigs costing £300 plus. Today there is more choice than ever. We just believe ours is the best product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Diamond drill bits???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks