Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Dewalt Dw24000 Review in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Well I have used the cutter a few times and thought it was time to give a review on this amazing cutter.

I have attached some pictures on the setting up of the cutter.

Dewalt have thought through this machine the water tray that the cutter sits on has a shelf to hold the table extension and the guide which are kept in lace with a small bungee. The main tray and extra water trays all pack together with a handy clip that stops them coming apart.

Now onto the cutter the machine is alloy and stainless the table section locks into place when in transit undo the snib and you can remove the table completly ideal for cleaning. The table can be adjusted if there is any problem with the cutter running out of true , it has a very good sliding action. The cutter also has an rcd connected to the cable as standard.

The head on the cutter is adjustable great for plunge cutting the table has slots in it for 45 and 90 degree angles which is extremly acurate and very stable. The cutter has a great blade and has cut 55mm flagstone as well as Victorian tiles.

I used the cutter for cutting 2mm of some Victorian tiles nice clean cuts straight lines this saw is ideal for cutting geometrics.

The water feed comes from two tubes that can be moved onto the blade for best feed, the feed can also be restricted by a clip attched to the water pipe, this allows for less spray. The majority 98% of spray is caught on the extra water trays one that attaches to the main tray and the other attaches to the saw table.

Conclusion.

The saw is very easy to set up and very easy to clean down. If you purchase one it does need the stand that is normally an extra. It is a very solid and thought through machine. The saw is ideal for all materials and ideal for mitres and geometrics.

The only down side that most people can come up with is the max 610 cutting size. But to be honest I dont care it will do most of the work that I want it to do and I have other tools to cover bigger tiles.

So would I recommend one well yes only regret is I never bought one sooner :thumbsup:

Gary

Highlander

Attachments

• Dewalt D24000 001.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 001.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Dewalt D24000 002.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 002.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Dewalt D24000 003.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 003.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 212
  • Dewalt D24000 004.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 004.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Dewalt D24000 005.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 005.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Dewalt D24000 006.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 006.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 404
  • Dewalt D24000 007.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 007.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 206
  • Dewalt D24000 008.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 008.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Dewalt D24000 009.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 009.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Dewalt D24000 010.jpg
    Dewalt D24000 010.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 222
OP
D

DHTiling

I nearly bought one a couple of years back....but was taking ages to get it into the country from a well known high street tool shop.. so i bought the rubi dw250n from TT instead.....Nice cutter gary....does it use much water..?...topping up often i mean..

OP
H

Highlander

I nearly bought one a couple of years back....but was taking ages to get it into the country from a well known high street tool shop.. so i bought the rubi dw250n from TT instead.....Nice cutter gary....does it use much water..?...topping up often i mean..

No Dave the water trays catch the spray and it runs back into the main tray so very little topping up.

OP
H

Highlander

So the only water is in that little bit where the pump is..?

If you look at picture 3 you will see a raised area and then it drops down to like a moat. It takes a 10ltr bucket of water but the pump does not need to be submersed to run and when you use the clip to adjust the flow you dont use as much water. :thumbsup:

OP
D

David - Tradetiler

Looks like we might well have these Dewalts in stock soon. Fingers crossed

OP
D

David - Tradetiler

We have one in the warehouse for evaluation - have to say the quality is excellent. Hope we can get them in very soon

OP
R

Rob Z

I got to field test one of the first DeWalts that were available here in the US. I have a lot of photos over at John Bridge's site from my original reviews and feedback for the saw (if anyone wants to see them).

We love the saw. I've had a lot of different saws over the years and this one seems to be the most versatile. There are many tile setters that post that they are having problems with the saw, but we've used the hell out of ours and the only thing that has given us problems is the GFI block on the cord. We have since taken that thing off and do without it.

The plunge cutting feature, the bevels and the large capacity are nice. We have even cut large pieces of Silestone and slabs of granite with the saw when making shower bench seats and so forth.

I love the saw, and I think it is closing in on four years old by now.

Reply to Dewalt Dw24000 Review in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock