Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss DeWalt d24000 in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys, new to the forum. Just purchased the DeWalt d24000. Looks like a cracking piece of kit although bigger than I was expecting. I purchased the 240v version. I have a couple of questions if anyone could help that would be great. Can this be set up outside if it is raining? Secondly are the additional water trays always necessary? I'm thinking that on the majority of jobs, set up with water extension tables on, it's not going to practical in terms of available space to use indoors. Thanks guys

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
:)
Hi guys, new to the forum. Just purchased the DeWalt d24000. Looks like a cracking piece of kit although bigger than I was expecting. I purchased the 240v version. I have a couple of questions if anyone could help that would be great. Can this be set up outside if it is raining? Secondly are the additional water trays always necessary? I'm thinking that on the majority of jobs, set up with water extension tables on, it's not going to practical in terms of available space to use indoors. Thanks guys
When i had mine i used it outside when drizzling but not in heavy rain. I didn’t want to get wet 😂 and yes you can operate without the trays. They are simply to give you a clean drier working area when indoors.
If you want to use in rain , then contact Dewalt tech team.

OP
H
Reaction score

When i had mine i used it outside when drizzling but not in heavy rain. I didn’t want to get wet 😂 and yes you can operate without the trays. They are simply to give you a clean drier working area when indoors.
Thanks for the input Dave. So would you say it can get used indoors in a domestic setting with out the water extension trays and without water going everywhere? All of my work is domestic, people's houses with alot of the time restricted space. Thanks again

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score

Thanks for the input Dave. So would you say it can get used indoors in a domestic setting with out the water extension trays and without water going everywhere? All of my work is domestic, people's houses with alot of the time restricted space. Thanks again
If you don’t use the trays you will get water spillage and back spray. It’s a big saw set up inside tbh if space is tight.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-210659_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-210659_Chrome.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
H
Reaction score

It says don't use it outside in rain or damp conditions on instruction manual
Thanks, spoke to DeWalt today and they said it could. I'll go with the instruction manual

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score

I had that older model , good saw but more suitable for smaller formats. I sold it to a lad who uses it for bespoke Victorian tile.
Lol he probably saving money cutting his own triangles !! Alot of extra work if the case .

Reply to DeWalt d24000 in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock