Discuss Dewalt D24000 problems in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
End of last job my saw has started to sound dog rough - like gravel.
Bit of vibration too.
I'm guessing the bearings are wrecked - anyone had experience with this before?

D

Dumbo

I had bearings go a rubi once and got it repaired at electrical motor place. I expect if you're handy you could probably get some bearings from a bearing supplier and do it yourself for a few quid .

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've just disassembled it as far as I dare go - got the gear case off and first couple of sets of bearings and they are all fine (shame as they are only £4.50). At least I know the problem is further back in the armature but that's gonna set me back £170 :(

Might just keep using it till it detonates and look out on fleabay for a used one going cheap - let me know if anyone hears of one going!

O

On one

Mine's knocking on 10 yrs old,still going strong,despite cutting the size of tiles it wasn't designed to cut.

O

Old Mod

Depends how much you like it Nick.
They don’t seem to come up very often.
Might still be worth repairing.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well I do like it and I’d get another one if this was terminal. It’s the best compromise all rounder for the majority of the work I do.
It’s now at an authorised Dewalt repairer and he’s bet me that it will be the armature shredding itself. So bad news cos it’s costly but good news that he sounds like he knows what he’s talking about as I’d already narrowed it down to that.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Picked it up today and it's never sounded so good.

Old armature:
IMG_0175.JPG

The bearing was shot and the spindle was worn down razor sharp:
IMG_0177.JPG

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I didn’t do it myself (took it to an approved dewalt repairers) but I got change out of £200 so was only about £25 labour.

Reply to Dewalt D24000 problems in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks