Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Desperately trying to find 2 tiles in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

We recently moved into our new home and I have managed to break 2 tiles on our bathroom floor. I have no idea who fitted it, where the stuff comes from, but the bathroom looks new.

Is there anything I can do to locate the tile? Any suggestions on how to even identify the tile? I have tried taking it into CTD, Jamie's tiles and Topps tiles all to no avail...

I have added some photos to the post if it helps!

Would REALLY appreciate any help!

Cheers

Adrian

IMG_0076.jpg
FullSizeRender[2].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

Sorry can't help with identifying the tiles but have you tried looking for spares in the property. We quite often leave spares under the bath for example if the bath panel is removable, or in obvious places such as under stairs, in the loft, garage etc etc

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks guys - I will take a look.

I have looked in the loft and the shed and no joy there. The bath panel looks pretty solid with no obvious screws etc. Can they be fitted so that they pop off?

I will take a look at Porcelanosa though - thanks

A

Q

Qwerty

I sort of thought that when I first looked although the Porcelanosa version I've used previously is a rectified edge and also has texture along the grain. 2 things that tile doesn't have. So I'm not so sure. Worth asking but I don't think it is.

The porcelain one they do is rectified but I believe they also sold a similar looking ceramic version which this one looks like. Probably discontinued now though!

I

Ian

That one looks like one they had in their trade range, I'm almost certain I've fitted them for the in laws in their shower room. Might even be lucky and have some spare. I'll hopefully see them this afternoon and have a look.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looks like Porcelanosa to me

Agree that it looks likes a porcelanosa tile.

That one looks like one they had in their trade range, I'm almost certain I've fitted them for the in laws in their shower room. Might even be lucky and have some spare. I'll hopefully see them this afternoon and have a look.

When I saw it I recognised it.

Don't suppose it's a new-ish build home? Bovis maybe?

I think the guys are right, it's Porcelanosa's trade range.

OP
A
Reaction score

Bri, that would be fantastic, thank you very much. I will keep my fingers crossed!

OP
A
Reaction score
When I saw it I recognised it.

Don't suppose it's a new-ish build home? Bovis maybe?

I think the guys are right, it's Porcelanosa's trade range.

It isn't a new build - but the bathroom looks recently fitted - within the last few years perhaps? Do you think it would be worth my while going to take a look at some of the new build homes?

J

Joseph Kover

Floor or wall ?if the damage is centered or close on the wall you can do a feature by remove a section and fit mosaic or different design.sometimes can work out pretty much ok.up to your taste

Reply to Desperately trying to find 2 tiles in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock