Discuss Designing bathrooms for customers in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondering do any of you guys get involved in the design stage of bathrooms as im in the middle of doing one for a customer atm, it's on a full renovation job so no walls no floors nothing in yet, first time I really had it from this early on and having no usable input from the customer is actually making it more difficult. If you do design for customers, what programs do you use, or just do it old school with paper and scale rule?

Q

Qwerty

I do all the planning & design for my customers. I have never used any design programs personally, but I get my local bathroom showroom retailer to knock up a CAD design for customers who want one. I regularly make up 'mood boards' for customers, gaining inspiration from places like Houzz, manufacturers websites and previous jobs.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use a local bathroom showroom. I do the discussions with the customer and sort layouts, finishes etc. Then the showroom will do the computer rendering as I will buy most of the materials from them.
Then it's back to the customer to finalise the smalller details and at hat point I can give an estimate.

Q

Qwerty

Q

Qwerty

I will make it for them after they give me some ideas on colours, trend, texture etc.. ......... see there is alot more to this design lark than people give credit!

D

Dumbo

Why do bother designing bathrooms for customers . Is it that you make money on goods or that you get to charge a premium for what you are doing or do you possibly charge a design fee

Q

Qwerty

Why do bother designing bathrooms for customers . Is it that you make money on goods or that you get to charge a premium for what you are doing or do you possibly charge a design fee

My price for finished job reflects it. Im an all in one service. I design, spec, source, fit and project manage everything. People pay a fortune to not have that stress in their lives and pay me well for it.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

I don't do it often, usually if I'm in the loop early enough I just make the changes needed to make the room work better if possible, but on this job there is potential for it to be a very nice wet room, but left to plumber and customer it just end up designed badly and using the easiest option in an attempt to keep costs down, I will add a small amount on but only a nominal amount really, I don't mind going over and above for customers when it's needed and I can see potinial for it to be a much nicer space if I get involved

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I do the same as Plan Tec apart from the mood boards.

I bought bathcad design software although I'm thinking about doing all design work in sketchup and using a better third party rendering solution.

I've found that I no longer compete with bathroom Fitters. My main competition is the showrooms and if you have better software than them in most cases I get the job.

S

stephenoneill

I work for a company who design bathrooms .hammam,s etc .and I put it all together..it's more complicated than it looks .use of space being the most important thing I think.not overcrowded .not too many tile features or colours.but everybody to their own

Reply to Designing bathrooms for customers in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks