Discuss delaminated plaster on wall in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Sean Kelly

Sean Kelly

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
652 1
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just an update.
Got myself a bottle of PVA, plastering hawk and some multi finish. Will watch a few plastering videos and then tackle it on Monday. Got to do it this way because the shower tray is rebated into the wall so much that the new screen barely fits on the old tray. The shower screen brackets have to go in first then I tile upto them. I know it's not the right way but the alternative is to smash out the old tray.

I'm doing the plastering for free plus the cost of materials. Customer happy and I get to practice plastering!

Sean Kelly

Sean Kelly

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
652 1
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How did you get on with your plastering?
20170515_102513.jpg
Not as easy to do like the pro plasterers!!

3 coats of PVA and 2 skim coats.

I tried to practice polishing but plaster was drying fast. Got it good enough for tiling over. 2.5 hours from start to driving away. Pretty pleased with the result.

Reply to delaminated plaster on wall in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.