Discuss decoupling matt vinyl adhesive or single part flex? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

D

deankyall

hi ,have spoken to mapei this week about using durabase decoupling matt,the rep recommended that i should stick with vinyl adhesive,website says single part flex,just wondered what you think,also spoke to a fixer in germany this week,he says they always use vinyl adhesive there,advantages or disadvantages?? got over 150m2 of it to lay,most on top of new screed with wet system underfloor heating, so very important to make sure its correct,lt me know what you think, thanks.

D

DHTiling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The substrate needs to be porous..

D

deankyall

Was it VS90..?
yep think it was ,what advantage will this have over spf,also my supplier sells durabase and uses vs90 themselves to stick it but dont sell vs90????? great eh

D

deankyall

sorry dave double reply, substrate is ply upstairs and sand cement screed downstairs with ufh wet system also had bostik out they recommended durabase or dietra,and laybond gold which they make

D

deankyall

how sad that i am talking about tiling at 1.30 in the morning on a sat night??:lol:

D

DHTiling

I was just thinking that about me replying.. :lol:

I will reply when coherent..:)

S

Spud

i would use f44 glue had bad experience using spf under matting, why are you using the matting Dean? will cement board not be better over the plywood and screed doesnt have to be uncoupled if its cured and primed

D

deankyall

i would use f44 glue had bad experience using spf under matting, why are you using the matting Dean? will cement board not be better over the plywood and screed doesnt have to be uncoupled if its cured and primed
hi gary, am going with recommendations from reps from mapei and bostik,also reading the durabase website about heated screeds seems the way to go??
also tiles are polished porcelain,and i dont know if you remember a thread i started about adhesive not bonding tothe back,well after a trade evening 2 weeks ago it seems that there is something in this, i bought it up and they agreed they have seen this ,and for a reason they couldnt explain the adhesive dosent bond as well to the back of them ,they said it might be because it will always suck into its primary surface which is the screed,anyway i want to do as they spec it,and i should be covered!!
as for cement board the ply they've used is 12mm and durabase is thinner . whats f44 i take it a vinyl adhesive?

D

Dontiler

TF
Reactions
if your heating goes over 28 degree vinyl adhesive comes live again..
what I usually do: I use adhesive for heated floors, but add latex plus ,,mapei,, in adhesive for extra stickness for adhesive,
For concrete floor:
prime it with diluted primer 1:3, it will stops soaking all the water from ady, it's really nice to work with
vinyl adhesive I admin, but it's more suitable for timber floors, and non heated
good luck

Reply to decoupling matt vinyl adhesive or single part flex? in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Floor Advice - Flooring Forum 1

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.