Discuss Decent portable wet cutter?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tim the Tap

Hi.

I am looking for a decent affordable (£100ish) portable wet tile cutter. Could anyone recommend a brand??. No Plasplugs:)

Seriously thinking about a: 1021 SIRI Briccolina.

Anyone have any experience with this make and model?
Cheers in advance..

Just for the record I have no affliation with the above companies link..

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Yorkie

Just got these in yesterday to trial and must say very impressed so far, They come with a handy water tray that is also moulded into the handle so you can basically pick it up and carry it like a briefcase, also the water doesn't run of like the rubi etc making a bit of mess but is caught and retained within the tray.
I will be putting it through its paces next week so will let you know.

D

DHTiling

i use to have a briccolina yrs ago was a dam fine cutter...but burnt it out eventually and switched to rubi cutters now........dave..

Y

Yorkie

Review on Wet cutter:
I found this wet cutter superb , from a portability view its faultless as mentioned before it sits inside its own casing and the handles are moulded for easy transportation. When starting it it kicks straight into life as apparently the older ones could take a while to gain full momentum.
This cutter is ideal for kitchens and the smaller tile sizes but as I found out is also effective on floors (I cut a 12ml thick piece of slate )

Down side: I know theres always one! The wheel that comes with it has a straight through bolt attachment and is the only wheel you can buy for this paticular cutter although (and i'm not sure I should be saying this but what the heck!) you can get other wheels and manually drill a hole and fit it on no problem.

So in a nutshell a decent little wet cutter thats ideal for areas where space is an issue and you want a tool thats not only easily portable but sturdy with it.
My only advice is don't have your wetcutter at thigh level on a work bench as afterwards it will look like youv'e peed yourself as one of the guys found out today much to the amusement of the others, and thats certainly not a look you want to share with a client!:)

G

GazTech

My only advice is don't have your wetcutter at thigh level on a work bench as afterwards it will look like youv'e peed yourself as one of the guys found out today much to the amusement of the others, and thats certainly not a look you want to share with a client!:)
Nice one Kenny...lol....greeting client with a map of India on your crotch is not the best look.... ps thanks to kenny for being my spellchecker..pmsl

T

Tim the Tap

Great review. Do you have any available to sell? If so how much??

The only place that I can find to buy them from is contractors direct..
Cheers

G

grumpygrouter

Great review. Do you have any available to sell? If so how much??

The only place that I can find to buy them from is contractors direct..
Cheers
Got one of these myself, excellent piece of kit, clean enough to use indoors!. Got mine from PTS training but Contractors Direct are very competative.

Grumpy
----
Review on Wet cutter:
I found this wet cutter superb , from a portability view its faultless as mentioned before it sits inside its own casing and the handles are moulded for easy transportation. When starting it it kicks straight into life as apparently the older ones could take a while to gain full momentum.
This cutter is ideal for kitchens and the smaller tile sizes but as I found out is also effective on floors (I cut a 12ml thick piece of slate )

Down side: I know theres always one! The wheel that comes with it has a straight through bolt attachment and is the only wheel you can buy for this paticular cutter although (and i'm not sure I should be saying this but what the heck!) you can get other wheels and manually drill a hole and fit it on no problem.

So in a nutshell a decent little wet cutter thats ideal for areas where space is an issue and you want a tool thats not only easily portable but sturdy with it.

Siri also now do a "specific for porcelain" blade, but I have just done a floor with 10mm 600x300 porcelain and it had no problems at all with the standard blade.

Grumpy

S

sutty

I was one of the guys that used this cutter on diamonds course.And it was very good.But for some stupid reason Ive bought a plas.Should only be a couple of weeks until its in the bin and then I will be down to Diamond to buy a Briccolina.
Thanks for a great course Kenny,Vinney,and Jay(littlehampton Daddy)

Reply to Decent portable wet cutter?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks