Discuss Dark grey grout gone white patchy ? Efflorescence ? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

GaryVenters

Please help, do you reckon its efflorescence in my grout lines ? Will I have to dig out and re-grout ? or is there a quick way to resolve ?

J

jay

how olds your grout is it internal or external and whats the substrate under tiles pics would help

G

GaryVenters

Bathroom floor was grouted Sunday, substrate is 22mm plywood, used bal grey flex addy. Grout is Ardex FS grout 4mm grout lines

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There are more cases of Efflorescence reported on this forum down to BAL grouts than any other manufacturer. A BAL rep told me once it was due to the type of sand they use in their mix, or something along those lines.

D

DHTiling

Ardex grout.. It is more than likely Polymer/latex leaching from the washing off process... scrub the joints with a scotch pad and a solution of LTP grimex... This should sort it..

I doubt it is Efflorescence , as this is a white powder formation and not just a whitish effect..

Try the cleaning part and report back once dry..

Reply to Dark grey grout gone white patchy ? Efflorescence ? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks