Discuss Cutting On The Curve in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

ANDY F

TF
Reaction score
Hello oh knowledgeable ones.

The handful of bathroom floors I've done previously have been new installs, bogs been easy to lift to tile under or plumbers been there to remove it for me.

Job in the new year is round the existing suite which looking at the state of the screws holding the pan, its going nowhere. Mark cuts with the profile gauge then get the grinder out? Can't see any other way of doing it. No doubt basin pedestal will be same. Is the grinder the way forward?

I

Ian

I tend to use a grinder for curved cuts, much more control than using a wet cutter and nippers. Instead of using a profile gauge, get yourself some thick lining paper and make a template, it gives much more accurate results in my experience of using both methods.

ANDY F

TF
Reaction score
Instead of cutting the curve in one go, do a section and check your not wandering off line? Template, never thought of that one!

J

J Sid

wp_ss_20151221_0001.png
I know my CTD had one in stock

B

bcd-87

I usually square the tile up, against the pan check at the joint how much over i am and holding my pencil at the required gap scribe around the pan.. lol if that makes any sense.. 40-50 mm at a time depending on the cut

Reply to Cutting On The Curve in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks