Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cut any shape INSIDE a tile! Brand new tilers innovation from 365Drills PORSABLADE in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 1779

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Cut any shape INSIDE a tile with the brand new PORSABLADE innovation.

It's not just a diamond jigsaw blade. Its a system to get you right inside the tile.
Perhaps a 600x300 where you need to cut an awkward shape. Cut holes bigger than 125mm.

£29.99 for the pack to include enough blade to cut 5m of porcelain. A starter drill & anti-slip guide plate.

Porsablade.jpg

porsablade600.jpg

Porsablade-back.jpg

This is how to use PORSABLADE

5a.jpg

PROJECT - Take a look at PORSABLADE IN ACTION

start.jpg

1: Use the 8mm diamond drill (Supplied in your pack) create a "starter" hole. Drill INSIDE the drawn line so that you do not end up with a little lump sticking out.

3.jpg

2: Insert PORSABLADE into a standard Jigsaw and switch to "zero".

4.jpg

3: Plunge the blade into the 8mm hole. Dont worry there is plenty of room the blade is smaller.

2.jpg

4: BEFORE you turn on the power jet a stream of water to the blade for example we have used a water bottle.

5.jpg

Keep a mild to moderate pressure on the blade but don't force it. Keep jetting the water over the blade so that it cools the diamonds on the blade and also clears a path for you to see the line.

Easy!

OP
O

One Day

How long though until a numpty uses their 240v jigsaw?!
I saw the warning on the packet. Better make it VERY clear though.

OP
D

Deleted member 1779

This is the single reason for the delay in launch. Sorting out the safety messages. Arrrggg legal nightmares!

So we hope to cover it by bold front and back warnings. Not sure what else can do!

See below it says LOW VOLTAGE ONLY.......... in bold as you like words...
B4.jpg

B3.jpg

B5.jpg

But you may be right. Some donut will try to blame is if they fry themselves.
I believe we have a robust defence.

OP
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

low voltages means very little in a court of law .you leave yourself wide open go down the pub get a group tougher and ask them what low voltage means thats what will be used against you and you will lose every thing
you have worked hard to build .repackage 24v only battery powered tools only X on the front and back in big red letters .even then wet hands power tools 240 volt cant read English.this is a no no in so many ways .so you need
to ask your self how many out of 100 are stupid how many out 1000 are stupid how many out of 5000 are stupid how many out of 10000 are stupid whats the profit on 10000 sales my guess it would not even cover your legal
team for a week .you are now putting your trust in every one that buys one of these not to kill them self's
do your self a favor and walk away from this it will destroy you not worth the risk

Reaction score
365 drills

I love the idea and concept!

Personally I see the appeal of this! being cutting curves!

Even cutting round door frames?

With regards to the low voltage???? Personally I would package it as 110v only I,e site work, battery handheld tools, transformer only etc. (without "saying it!") Again I think this could save a lot of headaches or claims? We said 11o, you used 240, double our recommendation what's your point caller...?

I haven't seen any positive feedback, personally I think it is a great idea. Best of luck guys and if you are looking for anybody to try or test the product? I would be more than happy to try it and give you honest positive or negative feedback.

As mentioned previously, I think the product would fair well in "curved" cuttings. I have attached a couple of examples. All of which were achieved with an angle grinder.

365 1.jpg 365 2.jpg

OP
D

Deleted member 1779

It's certainly a product we had to think long and hard about. We carry Public liability insurance and we also hold PRODUCT liability insurance.

But yes have to agree there was a heavy emphasis on safety as well as any litigation. The product does work, it works well provided an installer follows the instructions.

jigsaw-blade2.jpg

This is a blow up from the front of the packaging. Hope its universal enough.
(Maybe we needed some ticks and crosses) Not sure...

OP
O

One Day

I'd also add: From an idiot's perspective - The "Don't Dry" on the 240v warning could possibly lead them to
"DO WET" with 240v.
I'd really work on making it clear that this should ONLY EVER be used with cordless jigsaws.
Something like: "If it has a plug - don't use it"

OP
A

Alan M

great idea 365
I would put a big plug on the front and back with a bit x through it. you can never underestimate how stupid people can be

OP
I

Italy

good, I am many years that I think of this system.
Unfortunately, that kind of blade, needs a lot of water,
5 meters with one blade? many doubts, 5 meters, are made with cheap porcelain.
I think, with porcelain (the real one), 10mm thick, you can make 2 holes. like those in the photo.
in any case, good idea, bravo

OP
I

Italy

365 drills

I love the idea and concept!

Personally I see the appeal of this! being cutting curves!

Even cutting round door frames?

With regards to the low voltage???? Personally I would package it as 110v only I,e site work, battery handheld tools, transformer only etc. (without "saying it!") Again I think this could save a lot of headaches or claims? We said 11o, you used 240, double our recommendation what's your point caller...?

I haven't seen any positive feedback, personally I think it is a great idea. Best of luck guys and if you are looking for anybody to try or test the product? I would be more than happy to try it and give you honest positive or negative feedback.

As mentioned previously, I think the product would fair well in "curved" cuttings. I have attached a couple of examples. All of which were achieved with an angle grinder.

View attachment 84138 View attachment 84139
to do this, I think a grinder, is better :)

OP
D

Deleted member 1779

"5 meters with one blade? many doubts, 5 meters, are made with cheap porcelain.
I think, with porcelain (the real one), 10mm thick, you can make 2 holes. like those in the photo.
in any case, good idea, bravo"

To clarify the PACK does 5000mm or 5 x meters. Each blade can do about 1m (We cut a 600mm tile twice)

The tiles are PORCELAIN (Grade five) and the depth 12mm.

Agree you can use an angle grinder. Also the diamond core drill has been tested and will give 15 starter holes in C5 grade porcelain if used with water cooling.

Yes we may increase the safety warnings : But agree some people are idiots.!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the single reason for the delay in launch. Sorting out the safety messages. Arrrggg legal nightmares!

So we hope to cover it by bold front and back warnings. Not sure what else can do!

See below it says LOW VOLTAGE ONLY.......... in bold as you like words...
B4.jpg

B3.jpg

B5.jpg

But you may be right. Some donut will try to blame is if they fry themselves.
I believe we have a robust defence.
Can you print on the blade?

Reply to Cut any shape INSIDE a tile! Brand new tilers innovation from 365Drills PORSABLADE in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock