Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Curbless shower fall edge detail in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

E

EireEng

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello chaps,

I've started a bathroom refurb & the current plan is to install a curbless 1200 x 900 shower with a single plane fall into a slot drain along the back. Wall on two sides, and a glass screen on the third.
I have no idea how to deal with the sliver along the bottom edge of the glass screen as I go from the floor height at one end of the shower to c.28mm (Assuming 1:40 fall - is this correct?) at the slot drain end. You can see the issue below; what's the best way to detail the triangular sliver of a wall? Is there a T-shaped trim I could turn on it's side or something?

modern.jpg

As an FYI, there'll be one long wall with hexagonal tiles and a niche shelf like the below, but we'll have large format rectangular floor tiles. The niche shelf will have a concealed cistern in it, so I'll make the 'lid' of the shelf removable for maintenance. Any useful tips on the best way of going about this?
b065b9a3b7c0eea9c0f2aa5510cb10cf--tile-bathrooms-modern-bathrooms.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
All the trays I have fitted similar to this have a trim supplied with them. Never had to supply one myself.

As above though, Schluter do many profile trims.

It would be worth asking the customer, if they purchased it, or supplier if they do one specifically for that tray.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's interesting John, I've tiled 3 Wedi Fundo linear trays, and non had a profile supplied.
Unless the client/builder was too tight to buy one :)

The linear ones I have done were from Novellini. I have purchased for customer from the supplier and the trim came with them. Can't remember if the supplier automatically ordered one with them or it came by default.

I have recently been out to quote for a wet room with a Jackoboard tray and they showed me the profile they got with it as they couldn't understand how it worked.

Last edited:
OP
S

StephenR

For the cistern, I would use something from Geberit so that you can tile it in and forget about a maintenance hatch. You can get to all the cistern parts through the flush plate. Their cisterns come as part of frames for wall hung pans or seperate for floor pans.

OP
E

EireEng

Many thanks for the help chaps. It looks like those Schluter profiles are perfect for the job!
I'll get back to you Sam when we have the exact tiles chosen so I'm sure of the thickness. I'll definitely need the SPS tapered side profile, but may not need the back wall profile. I need to double check the ceiling height but I think I can lay out to the bottom edge of the shower fall rather than the main floor height.

Stephen, I've just put a Geberit cistern in, the cistern itself all seems nicely designed, although I was hoping the ÂŁ70 flush plate was actual stainless rather than a plastic moulding.

Reply to Curbless shower fall edge detail in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock