Discuss Cricket Club Shower Room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

robbieraven

Been asked to tile the cricket club shower rooms, obviously cost is the most critical issue with clubs with not much money. Current walls are painted brick, and pretty flat, let me just stress that, it's very well painted brick! Chairman for cost savings has suggested tiling straight over to which I said No! I said it should be re-plastered or boarded out, thoughts chaps? As per my suggestion above I'd have thought. Do it right do it once!

C

Concrete guy

20 years ago I tiled a rugby/hockey/cricket club showers.

It had failed annually whatever they'd tried, tiling, resin coatings, paint. You name it they tried it.

I lined it with Aquapanel (which you could buy in 2400x1200mm sheets at the time) screwed to aluminium studwork, tanked it and fitted porcelain floor tiles on the floors and walls.

20 years later it's still there and as solid as the day it was completed.

The issue your cricket club have is the same as many sports clubs. Do it right first time (think of it as in investment) or do it cheap every 12 months.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Overboard with insulation boards, stuck with adhesive and mechanically fixed. Tank and tile. The boards will help with condensation too.

J

Just Rizzle

if you've got painted walls and costs an issue I would suggest aqua boards 1200 x 2500 there plastic totally water proof and cheep wouldn't have them in my house but for a sports club shower would be cheap and effective

Last edited by a moderator:
O

One Day

if you've got painted walls and costs an issue I would suggest aqua boards 1200 x 2500
Better than aqua boards- contract Tile boards from ctd (made by jackoboard) 20mm boards dot n dabbed onto walls, back up with a few anchors and they're cheap as chips. Insulate and water proof too. Cement based boards are best left out of wet areas.

J

Just Rizzle

sorry you've got me wrong not talking about tiling as sounds like cost is an issue I'm talking about plastic water proof cladding about 90 quid for 2400 x 1200 mm

Reply to Cricket Club Shower Room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks