Discuss Credit Cards Anyone??? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tiler Blackpool

Hi All.
Ive not posted on here for ages so i thought id say a quick hello and get your opinion on something
whilst being here. Ive recently come across the new mobile phone / tablet card reader which enables
you to take payment by credit/ debit card. It works by slotting a connection into your phone/tablet of which
the customer can stick their card in and put in their PIN. Its a one off fee of £20ish if youve a smart phone/tablet or free
if youve an I phone/Pad. Its 2.75 % f the fee on every card usage.
I think it sounds like a great idea as no one else in my area has it and could be a great selling point? Plus you get a free mobile website (im not a salesman!!_
What do you guys think????????
Heres the link...its a limited offer so got to think fast!
http://www.huddlebuy.co.uk/deals/finance/

Thanks all

L

lbulltiling

I've been looking at something similar from a different company recently. Genuinely think I'll be getting one, so I'll post back here with feedback once I've used it a few times.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would not put my PIN number into someone's computer or phone for them to potentially steal..... I don't suppose I would be unique in my mistrust. 2.75% sounds quite high as well. When I used to take credit card payments at my previous occupation we only used to pay 1.5%.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd hang in there. We're about to get a card firm on board that the plumbers have already beens signing up to. Off the back of that they got in touch. It seems like a decent setup too from what I can tell.

M

micko

As above you would have to be mad to put your pin number in to a phone that was not yours. I would never use this system.

I

Ian

How soon after the customer makes their payment do you get the money? Some of these systems are a right scam, they take the money out of the customers account straight away but, don't pay it to you for up to 33 days. So not only do they charge you for the privilege, they screw up cash flow and rob you of interest. Read the small print if you do choose to do this.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone 5

T

Tiler Blackpool

Wouldn't enter my pin number into someone's phone or computer, can't see it taking off.
Thanks all, The customer doesnt put there pin in, its the old signature method. The system also doesnt save any details of the card and has the same security standards as youd get in a shop so shouldnt be a problem. As its free, i ordered one last night so i'l keep you posted on how it goes. booked up until christmas so wont be using it until then. Thought id get it purely for advertising purposes and have already had one enquiry on twitter.

T

Tiler Blackpool

Also Ajax, i think its 2.75% as you dont have to pay a rental fee like with other systems. And Bryan, i think it pays you the first 100 straight away and the rest after 15 days (from what i remember!) Obviously id prefer cash, cheque or bank transfer but its just another option for the customer seeing as people love to go mad on their credit cards these days!

Reply to Credit Cards Anyone??? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks