Discuss Creating a slope in a wetroom in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all, have tiled small areas before but trying to create a wetroom.. I have read a lot of tips etc on here so far.

I am creating a bench within an enclosure which I want to create a steam room in. Floor to ceiling glass, and I plan to put an long drain butted against the wall under the shower, creating a slope for the water to run to. 1600mm length with 20mm slope, 1000mm in width, my tiles for this area are 1000mm wide which will help, but my thought process on the slope is unsure.
I was thinking of using 3 sizes of ply , 530mm length each, starting with 18mm, then 9mm, then 3mm to create the slope. My plan was to cut the floorboards away, support the joists with noggins, adding multiple noggings at the 3mm part to completely support the area.

Is this something which would work? I will be laying q-board/jackoboard on top and Sealing.

What's your guys advice on this?

Also for the q-board, I have read 10mm is OK, then elsewhere I have read 6mm is OK. My plan for the rest of the bathroom was to leave the 20mm floorboards and put 3mm ply with dpm then put the q-boards on top and seal.

Let me know guys, in my head this works, but would like an opinion or 3 lol.

Cheers

Reply to Creating a slope in a wetroom in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks