Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cracked Tile New Floor UFH in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Jpage

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi

Just looking for a bit of advice - new tiled floor installed in kitchen & Conservatory a few months ago, 90 X 90 Porcelain tiles. I waited 2 months before turning on the UFH and went up a degree a day, I followed all the precautions. However I noticed a hairline crack on one of my tiles at the rad in the conservatory please see pictures attached. Today is alot cooler out side than yesterday and crack seems to have shrunk a bit. What do you think could have caused this. Any advice appreciated, tiler is calling next week.

20200621_092205.jpg

20200620_121314.jpg

Screenshot_20200621-092247_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200621-092240_Gallery.jpg

OP
J

Jpage

-
Reaction score
Thanks Tony - I don't have a clue about these things and want to have some kind of heads up before he arrives, how did that happen? Only option is really to fill it I think because I don't want to destroy the heating elements underneath

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks Tony - I don't have a clue about these things and want to have some kind of heads up before he arrives, how did that happen? Only option is really to fill it I think because I don't want to destroy the heating elements underneath
Cutting any kind L shape can cause weakness from the point they meet.

I wouldn't have grouted the pipe in either. Some caps would cover that up

OP
J

Jpage

-
Reaction score
If I get him to fill it do you think it will be fine barely noticeable - thank you for replying greatly appreciated

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
He can drill the radiator notch out with a circular diamond hole saw which would prevent it from happening . I'd probably say it's only going to get worse over time. Up to you though

Reply to Cracked Tile New Floor UFH in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock