Discuss Cracked floor tiles on edges in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a diyer, have floor tiles that have cracked in the kitchen area of a flat on outer edges where it meets carpet, must have been down some time.
I chipped the old ones off to replace, they are on a sheet of ply, which stops at the tiling area causing a height difference to carpet and if you step on the edge of the ply theres a bit of flex.
Also there was just a 90 degree angle stuck on the edge of the tiles.

I'm wondering if I will avoid the new tiles cracking o the edge by just using something like mapei rapid flexible adhesive, or if I need to do anything else ?

Also do I need to prime the ply ?
If so with what ?
Most of the tiles have been fine so maybe it's been primed originally but its dusty now.

I have some wood primer paint that maybe I could use ?

Thanks for any advice.
Pic is when I've chipped some off

Attachments

• 20210219_150128.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 15

Reply to Cracked floor tiles on edges in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks