Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Cost of underfloor heating in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

L

Letmein123

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi all,

I'm about to start a new extension which will be 27ft x 11ft (8ft ceilings) and will be an open plan living/kitchen/dining area. The floor will be ceramic/porcelain when finished.

I was considering wet underfloor heating but im concerned about the initial cost, if the heat disappation will be enough as a sole source of heat and if it leaks?

So, An alternative would be to have electric underfloor heating AND radiators which can operate independently (however I know the cost to run these is a little more) - what are the recommendations? Is this a better/safer/cheaper option? What are the running costs??????

Any general thoughts appreciated!

Lee

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Quite simply gas is less than half of the running cost of electric.
Pipework for ufh should be pressure tested and left under pressure while it is screeded. If this is done you will never have a leak ( unlesss it is drilled into). Heating costs all depend on the fuel used and the insulation level in the property.

OP
T

Tilerdurden

Worth spending the extra on a wet system. Imo. Far more economical. Also a lot of manufacturers warn of heat spots building up in electric systems when placing fixtures and fittings in a room ensuring a 50mm air gap. Something to think about. Not an issue with a wet system.

Reply to Cost of underfloor heating in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock