Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Correct order to lay UFH and bal rapid Matt in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, I am a competent DIYer but would appreciate some professional advice.

Could anyone tell me the correct order in which to lay a loose cable UFH and a BAl rapid Matt?

I have timber floors with existing 20mm floor boards overlaid with ply. Do I lay the UFH then SLC then the decoupling matt or vice versa should the decoupling be installed first and the UFH and SLC onto this then tiles.

if it is the latter should the UFH be stuck directly onto the rapid Matt or onto a layer of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

i have seen many contradicting views and would appreciate your help

thanks

Reaction score
any chance of removeing ply and replacing with 10mm insulating boards screwed and stuck down,lay your electric mat,self smoothing compound then tile

OP
R

Rookery

I would also replace the ply with insulation board, its not that expensive and the ufh will be more economical to run in the long term. My method would be:
Fix insulation boards, fit ufh cable, slc, fix mat, tile. The uncoupling membrane, should you need it, should be closest to the tiles.

Reply to Correct order to lay UFH and bal rapid Matt in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock