Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Corner tub problem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, I hope someone can help me....
I am installing 3x6” subway tiles around my 5” built in corner tub. The tiles above the tub were done in a brick style pattern. My issue now is the front face is 46”...... the face by the toilet is 24”, and the other face is 9.5”. What sort of layout would be the most aesthetically pleasing. Thank you so much in advance

Attachments

• CD8E23C4-23AD-45F2-AA31-1CD7A3D1EFE4.jpeg
    CD8E23C4-23AD-45F2-AA31-1CD7A3D1EFE4.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help me....
I am installing 3x6” subway tiles around my 5” built in corner tub. The tiles above the tub were done in a brick style pattern. My issue now is the front face is 46”...... the face by the toilet is 24”, and the other face is 9.5”. What sort of layout would be the most aesthetically pleasing. Thank you so much in advance
Out of curiosity, did you work out and set out the height from floor level to the top edge of the tub?
I see that you have set a full height tile on the top edge of the tub, for which you gotta be seriously lucky for that to happen when tile up from the floor, or have you already worked out the size of cut at floor level?
What is the overal finish height of tile? Are you running up to ceiling height anywhere?

OP
B
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did you work out and set out the height from floor level to the top edge of the tub?
I see that you have set a full height tile on the top edge of the tub, for which you gotta be seriously lucky for that to happen when tile up from the floor, or have you already worked out the size of cut at floor level?
What is the overal finish height of tile? Are you running up to ceiling height anywhere?
[automerge]1585238508[/automerge]
Thank you for your response...
I am retiling, the tub surround was already in place, it was done with 3” tiles in a stack pattern . I did not foresee the issues that accompany the 3x6” brick pattern..... I am
18-1/8” from the subfloor, I intend to do the top horizontal piece and the top vertical piece at the same time using a ledger board and letting it set. My problem lies with the layout and trying to make it look nice.
No , not running to the ceiling, just one more course with a trim finish
Thank you

Last edited:

Albert

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I think that what you see is the extent of the wall tile, the bath panel is a separate
item, I could be wrong. The way you have set out the front of the panel looks fine.

OP
B
Reaction score
I think that what you see is the extent of the wall tile, the bath panel is a separate
item, I could be wrong. The way you have set out the front of the panel looks fine.

Thanks for the reply....... the issue arrives on the next course...... using the brick pattern, I will having tile lengths of 6”-3”-2” on the end of the run......maybe, on the face, I should stack 4” pieces dead centre, then continue the brick pattern each way ??.....

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply....... the issue arrives on the next course...... using the brick pattern, I will having tile lengths of 6”-3”-2” on the end of the run......maybe, on the face, I should stack 4” pieces dead centre, then continue the brick pattern each way ??.....
As Albert says the lower course that you have set is okay but when it comes to the edges and you make the cut, you need to use the off cut as the wrap around to start the side run. Then when you set the 2nd row and you get to the edges you will do the same and use the last front edge off cut again as the wrap around, then so on. It will look good once finished for sure.
Out of curiosity though, will you be mitering the vertical joint or using a trim?

OP
B
Reaction score
I am thinking trim.....

I was just thinking, on the second course, that instead of the 6-3-2” tile finish,........ to just do a 6-5”and then continue around the corner

Reaction score
I am thinking trim.....

I was just thinking, on the second course, that instead of the 6-3-2” tile finish,........ to just do a 6-5”and then continue around the corner

Trim would be fine but I personally reckon that the 50/50 brick bond would be more in keeping with what is already on the wall above the tub. It would bring the upper and lower sections tgether.

Your call though 😂😂

Reply to Corner tub problem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock